Spring is here again, which means it’s time for spring cleaning! Modular homes get just as dirty as traditional builds over the winter months, so Coastal Modular Group is here to bring you 7 helpful little shortcuts that will cut your spring cleaning time in half.
- Worry-Free Windows– Quick, when was the last time you looked at the windows in the back of your house? Rather than spend all your time and energy getting every last window squeaky-clean, focus on the big windows in front that face the street, and give those the spring cleaning they deserve. To further ease your efforts, avoid cleaning your windows on a windy day, unless you like being splashed by cold water!
Cut Corners on Carpets– Not every carpeted area in the house gets dirty enough to warrant an annual cleaning. Save time and money by getting only the high-traffic areas (living room, main hallway, den) cleaned annually, and do the rest of the carpeting periodically or as needed.
- Dust outside the Box– If the thought of going all over every surface of the house with a cleaning rag is making you weary, it’s time to get creative. Lint rollers work great on lampshades and microfiber sofas and chairs, and you can always use a fuzzy sock as a mitt for getting into hard-to-reach spots.
- Pre-Soaking is your Friend!- For especially grimy toilets, sinks or tubs, let a little cleanser soak in there with some water for a while before the scrubbing begins. This will loosen the stuck-on dirt, which will save you a lot of time and improve the level of clean you achieve!
- Break the Laundry Loop– Laundry is one of those household chores that can pile up until it seems like an insurmountable task. By changing up your laundry game and aiming to do one medium load per day instead of countless large loads whenever the underwear runs out, you can cut down considerably on the amount of time you spend in the laundry room. A small to medium load is much easier and faster to sort, wash, dry, fold and put away each day, compared to piles upon piles of laundry once every few weeks.
- Give your Furniture a Hand (Vac)!- Using a handheld vacuum like a Dustbuster can work wonders on your upholstery, with minimal time and effort. Simply run the hand vac along the arms of your sofa and chairs and between and underneath the cushions and prepare to be amazed at the instant difference! For the ultimate touch, wipe the surface of your upholstered furniture with a clean, damp cloth to restore it to its original clean.
- Steam Up Your Curtains– Who has time to wash your curtains in a machine? Who has the money to get them dry cleaned? Rather than deal with the inconvenience and cost of taking your curtains down to clean them, try using a handheld steamer and a wrinkle-reducing, odor-eliminating spray such as CleanFast, and enjoy your fresh curtains in an instant!